Uncovering the Differences
Learn What Makes Your Product Stand Out
Successful discrimination testing determines whether any important differences exist between products. Success comes from panelists who have been screened for their impressive ability to detect minute differences in the taste, smell, texture and appearance of similar products.
Our comprehensive results give clear answers to the following questions:
- Is there a sensory difference between different products?
- Which attributes are simply similar or completely different?
- Does being produced in different facilities alter the sensory qualities?
- Do the product’s qualities change over time?
- Does changing or substituting an ingredient shift the sensory attributes of the product?
- Are chosen products similar enough to be used interchangeably?
Explore Options for Discrimination Testing
Matrix Sciences offers an array of testing options to determine the answers to your most important questions. Successful discrimation testing can help you develop a product that performs well among its competition in the marketplace. The types of testing we offer include:
- Triangle: Three samples are presented. The panelist chooses the sample that differs from the other two.
- Duo-Trio: Three samples are presented; one as a reference with the other two unknown. The panelist chooses the sample that is same as the reference.
- Tetrad: Four samples of two different, but similar, products are presented; the panelist determines which samples are the same and groups them together.
- Paired Difference: Two samples are presented and the panelist is given a characteristic to identify. They choose the product that best meets the description.
- Difference from Control: Several samples are presented; a control, a reference, and multiple test samples. The panelist identifies the differences between the test and control/reference samples.